Friday 20 September 2013

What's Cookin'! - Upside Down Pineapple Cake

With Great British Bake Off in full swing, I felt inspired this week to whack out the mixing bowl, pre-heat the oven, and get to baking! I have this shameful habit of asking for cook books for Christmas and then spending months ogling at the pretty pictures, thinking to myself; yeah I'll make that! But I never actually muster the effort to go through with it. Well, this bad habit is about to change!

Last Christmas I was gifted Lorraine Pascal's 'Home Cooking Made Easy'. I love her cooking shows and can't wait for the latest series to air, which I believe she is currently filming. So I was sifting through the pages and stumbled across a marvellously camp looking upside down pineapple cake. A vintage recipe, replacing the classic Glacé cherries with zingy raspberries.

Here's my creation:


It's not quite as flawless as Lorraine's, a bit rough around the edges. I can't fault the recipe though. The cake was so deeelish my mother and I were fighting over the last slice! Thank you Lorraine, I am now hell bent on creating an upside down fruit cake of every variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts... fire away!